Ivan The Remarkable True Story of the Shopping Mall Gorilla

“Ivan The Remarkable True Story of the Shopping Mall Gorilla” is a book written by Katherine Alice Applegate and illustrated by G. Brian Karas is a book written from a true story which based on an age group of 9-11-year-olds. It’s about this gorilla named Ivan who lived with his family. One day some poachers came and took Ivan and sold him to a mall. Ivan lived in a glass box for about 27 years when people started realizing how wrong it was to keep an animal in box for all his life. People started protested and saying that Ivan shouldn’t be treated like this. Then because of the people Ivan and the other gorillas that were also treated like him were sent to the zoo. I liked the story since it was based on a really life story. I normally like stories that are based on a real life story better since it is something you can share to others. I also liked how instead of made of pictures, their actual pictures of him in the book. The last thing I liked about the book is that it told a story that was emotional. Here is are the reasons why I think it was a good book.