One

“One” written and illustrated by Kathryn Otoshi is a picture book made for an age group of 7 – 10 year olds. The book is about this blue ball who liked splashing in water. Sometimes he wanted to be another colour but he was fine with blue. When blue was with red, red would always would make fun of them. Every time red said something mean red would grow bigger until all of them were sad they were not red. Then one day this shape came known as 1 and made all the shapes laugh, except red. Red hated how they were all having a good time and said “Stop laughing”. Then all of them turned into number, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 except red. Red came to make fun of blue and said “Red is hot and blue is not”. But then blue replied back and said “ Red can be hot but blue is cool”. Then red become sad and walked away. But then one came and said “We can all count” and turned red into a number. Then red joined the fun and at the end, they all counted. I really liked this story because of its message. The message was that it only takes one person to stop making someone bully and make them all just be friends. Another thing i really liked is the puns. For example at the end. The author wrote “Then they all counted”. Which is obviously referring to the numbers. Overall, this might have been my favourite book in this subject and I enjoyed it a lot.